Sunday, January 27, 2013

Weekend Food Extravaganza

I'm writing this lying down on the couch. Partially because I took a Core and More class a couple days ago and it hurts to move. And partially because we've had the biggest Chicago "eating" weekend we've had in a while. 

Friday night, we finally got a reservation at Girl & the Goat. Somehow I must have clicked on OpenTable right when someone else made a cancellation. We ended up with a same-day 8:30 reservation on a Friday night. That's insane. The next closest reservation was at 4:30 p.m.... in March. 

The food, of course, was delicious. John ordered the pig face, which is one of their signature dishes. I'm not much of a meat eater... let alone a face eater, so I stuck with fish and veggie plates - all amazing. I also recommend the Girl & the Goat Petit Verdot blend (especially if you are like me and love Washington wines.) It's from Walla Walla and delicious. I can't wait to try the Little Goat Diner. Specifically the brunch. Specifically the Fat Elvis Waffles. 

Saturday morning we tried out Glazed and Infused's new location in Lincoln Park. We've been passing this place at least once a week during all stages of construction and it finally opened last weekend. I am not typically a donut person, but EVERYTHING they had looked amazing. Plus the ladies behind the counter were so upbeat and friendly. 

Naturally, after the donut shop, we decided to drive to the Bang Bang pie shop to further indulge our sweet tooths (teeth?). (OK, so we got a pie to take to a dinner party -- but I did get to try a slice and it was everything I'd hoped and more.) Oh Chicago and all your food temptations.



My tropical glaze and coconut donut. Yum.


If only I'd gotten a picture of the inside. This is the Superbowl pie. Chocolate pie with pretzels, salted caramel glaze, and marshmallow infused with Revolution beer.




And now we're napping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...