Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Tuesday Night Cobbler

It occurred to me yesterday afternoon that it's almost the end of July and I haven't made a single cobbler this year. Usually that is my go-to summer dessert, so the realization kind of disturbed me. Too preoccupied for cobbler.

Since I didn't feel like going to the store, I made two personal sized, easy peach cobblers. I improvised using what we had around the house and the result was delicious. Even better, I only used two mason jars and a cereal bowl --- easy clean up. The mason jar idea was inspired by my mother-in-law who made some delicious miniature pies in mason jars a couple weeks ago. She made homemade dough and it was delicious - so this is my weeknight version of a mason jar dessert.


Ingredients:
3 peaches (or whatever fruit you have on hand)
a few spoonfuls of sugar
a few spoonfuls of flour (I used whole wheat to make myself feel better)
1/6-1/4 cup butter

  1. Slice the peaches and divide about 1/3 between the two mason jars.
  2. Sprinkle sugar in the jar, over the peaches.
  3. Add more peaches.
  4. In a small bowl, knead the butter (must be chilled), flour and more sugar. It should start to form a crumble. Add more sugar/flour/butter to taste.
  5. Once it is a crumbly consistency, sprinkle half into the mason jars.
  6. Add more peaches.
  7. Sprinkle a little sugar on top of the peaches if you'd like, then add the rest of the crumble to the jars.
  8. Bake in the mason jars at 375 for about 50 minutes.
  9. Let cool and enjoy!












 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...